Ways to Cope With Memory Loss
Memory loss is very tough to handle for the person as well as his friends, family and those other people whom he interacts with. No matter this memory loss occur frequently or in mild episodes but they can lead to worse situation of the victim if the situation carries on the same way. There are few ways and tips that can help the people in this regard and save them from the stress; it might be the case that one way does not help the victim but may be the other way will or maybe there are no appreciating results in the first day but positive results are seen in the next days so at least they are worth a try.
Ways to Cope
These are few tips to add in your routine to minimize the aftereffects of memory loss:
- Introduce helpful labels in your homes so that remembering places or locations get easy for example labeling the rooms or labeling the way items are placed in a cupboard.
- If you are the one suffering from memory loss then find someone you trust and share your past; this can help you retain you self-respect. Whereas, if you are not the one and are looking for some solution for your dear one, then try to listen to their past, make them remember their past through the use of photographs or songs or any valuable hint that can help them regain their past memories.
- Try to focus on one thing at a time and avoid yourself from distractions.
Above ones were on broader perspective. Here comes some of those things that you can do yourself in daily routine to help you remember things easily:
- If there is anything you need to do, make its sticky notes and stick them to a place where you will notice them easily.
- If there is something you have to take with you while moving out, place those items with your keys and thereby reducing the chance of forgetting those things
- Try not to drive if you have a feeling that you will lose focus. Similarly, anything that sounds complicated and difficult to you, try not to attempt it and ask anyone else to do that; you can even pay for the task done.
- Mark the calendar entries in your phone as soon as possible and turn on the reminders; try to excessively utilize your alarm clock, reminders, notes, etc. on your cellphone.
- Try to make things easier for you. When something comes up your mind, finish it as soon as possible to avoid forgetting the task completely.
And so on.
There is a variety of solutions to minimize your memory loss suffering by making notes for yourself or hiring anyone to get the job done. Though it all depends on what kind of way suits your needs and has helped you to reduce memory loss. The solution is to try; try some of these and see if they help you out.